Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tipping Your Photographer

Since I have been a professional photographer and before the Groupon happened, I have gotten one tip. I was surprised and happy! But it made me think if it was proper to tip a photographer.

I have worked at places that gives services such as delivering, serving, or making, all which in my opinion you should tip for. You give good service, and people tip you. However it is not an obligation by any means!

As far as photography goes, I think it is appropriate to tip for a service well done. Being a photographer, it is a physically demanding job, not to mention mentally taxing! We stand, sit , kneel and bend in weird positions to get the right angle of our subjects. We have to think how to be creative and original with our compositions of our subject. That in itself is very challenging!

For me personally, I am constantly thinking how to change up my style to make my clients feel unique in my art. Not an easy task I might add! But I do it for the sake of my own satisfaction of knowing I gave it my all.

So, if you ever wonder if you should tip your photographer, I say YES, if they did a job well done!

No comments:

Post a Comment